Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday 6/4/14

The past couple of weeks were a mix of low key and lots of patterns and even included some of my favorite oldie pieces.

If I lived in Manhattan I could be a real fashion blogger who has a photographer and stages shots on adorable streets with perfect backgrounds. So when we were in Battery Park this weekend, I got to pretend.

This dress is fantastic! I love Lands' End, I really do. And I love them more because they make petite maxi dresses that don't drag and don't make me look short. I did wear Jockey Slip Shorts underneath and I was grateful for that when I stepped over a subway grate and was exposed to all of Liberty Street. So, lesson learned, I'll be stitching up the wrap portion of the dress.

It was quite comfortable, though and I can't stop raving about it. We'll see how it washes up this week.
Dress: Lands' End (I know, I couldn't believe it either)
Jacket: Ralph Lauren, thrifted and purchased 2 years ago
Shoes: Born
Bag: Kate Spade

And yes, I did the whole "look unassumingly put together and stare off into the distance thing". 
I've been loving this bag all season (I bought it in mid-March and haven't stopped carrying it).
It has zipped outside compartments and a wide open center. Maybe I'll do a what's in my bag post because I couldn't believe how much fits in here.

Ah, back to reality.
I love this shirt. I've worn it every week. Super cheap from Target, but it is so versatile. Love it. The skirt is pretty old now and I wore it often with bright pieces a few years ago. I thought this would be a good way to wear it without looking too flashy. The jacket gets lots of compliments...only a few people know it's thrifted.
Top: Target
Jacket: Ann Taylor, thrifted
Skirt: Jcrew Factory
Shoes: Calvin Klein
Necklace that you can't really see: Tiffany's initial charm
Earrings: TJ Maxx
Glasses: Tiffany's. Yes, Tiffany's makes glasses, who knew. Plus they were on sale. The person helping me select my glasses asked if I would ever wear this color. Um, yes. That decision was confirmed when he saw my bag and phone, both in bright shades of teal. 

And another typical day.
Some days we wear our promotional cardigans with our logo on it, so this is one of those days. Truthfully, it's actually a nice cardigan. It has seams and is actually fitted, so as promo items go, I'd pick this one.
Top: Target
Skirt: Van Heusen
Shoes: Cole Haan via TJ Maxx


I'm linking up:
pleated poppy

2 comments:

Erin@IndigoHouse said...

You look fabulous as always. I have been out of the blogging loop for quite some time and am happy to pick up where I left off.

Hope all is well. Love that Land's End Dress!

Erin Andrews (Conaty)

Michele S said...

Hi Friend! I had to laugh when you said "stare off into the distance thing" that was a good one. I can never figure out how to pose, and I'm definitely not a fashion blogger. I think you pulled it off well! You look pretty in all of your outfits. I think the pencil skirt in the last photo is so flattering. Always lovely!