Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday 4/16/14

Hi there!

Well, fortunately for the past few months that I've been MIA in blog land I haven't been naked, just haven't had the time to take pictures (I can see the relief on all your faces).

The hair got a bit lighter this summer, but truthfully, it could use a recolor now. I'm trying to stretch it for a wedding we are attending in a few months. I darkened it a little for the fall, so you get to see all the color changes it's been through.

So, most importantly, what have I worn?

This Tommy Hilfiger top is one of my favorites. It's light and comfortable and the sash makes it fitted, too.
Top:Tommy Hilfiger
Jeans: Lucky via TJ Maxx
Shoes: Clarks

So moving on to the more boring, more recent me.
I bought these bright 'too tomato' red pants at Banana Republic for 10 bucks. Jean from Extra Petite always raves about the Sloan pants from BR and she's right, they're wonderful. 
Top: Express
Pants: Banana Republic
Shoes: Sam Edelman

I once again had a slightly embarrassing TV appearance so an extra dressy professional outfit was called for. This dress was very inexpensive (Target) and it's held up very well for the past two years. It's actually lined, too, a rarity for dresses and jackets lately. I'm looking to upgrade though. Maybe a Talbots sheath dress? It's so hit or miss at the Talbots by me though, so I'm guessing I'll end up with a Banana Republic dress, which is fine by me!
Jacket: Loft (so freaking old)
Dress: Target
Shoes: Naturalizer
Belt: White House Black Market
Scarf: Hermes Twilly

Yup, love the pants. I've found there are lots of ways to wear them and that they can be fun, too.
Sweater and shirt: Gap outlet
Pants: Banana Republic
Shoes: Born
Necklace: JCrew
  
If I'm honest, I think my style has gotten much more simple, perhaps classic and a little bit boring. Why? Because I have tried refining my wardrobe to be as professional as possible with a little bit of personality, but not too much. My boss said something that really made me think: my clothes shouldn't speak for me, I should speak for me. It wasn't a comment directed at me, but it made me pause and realize that I was getting a little overly colorful. Plus I'm over 30 now (gasp) and I like being a little more refined. It makes me feel a little more put together. 

My purchasing has changed too. Less thrifting (I just have less and less patience for it) and more calculated buys (slim fit pants, solid sweaters, nude heels). I hope to document some of my favorite spring buys here, maybe even review them. I know, I may become a real blogger again. Let's hope!

3 comments:

Paige said...

The red pants are so pretty! Great fit too :)

Denise said...

You're a cutie! You don't look over 30! I want to steal every outfit...and YOU!

Denise said...

You're a cutie! You don't look over 30! I want to steal every outfit...and YOU!