Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful 2013

Clearly the fall got away from me much too quickly! I will, however, squeeze out the last moments of November to share some thanks of the past year.

My health.
After several doctor recommendations, I now go to the gym 3-4 times per week. My blog friends, this is flipping HUGE! I've written many times that I needed/wanted to do this, but I finally started a gym regimen August 30th.
 I feel great and wish I started this sooner in my life. 
Fun moments with friends.
We are so blessed to have such a great group of friends who cheer us along this journey.

And thank the Lord for Facetime. Because we have had some wonderful chats with these folks too.
 My husband who stands by my side no matter what. Even if it means spending the night in a tux at a work event. My oh my does he clean up nice! 
And he's my favorite dance partner. 
This photo also reminds me how grateful I am for my job. I have strong mentors and have had some pretty cool opportunities this past year. This video was my mom's proudest moment of her life. 

 Family.

This was an easier year for my side of the family, but much more stressful for my husband's family. They have a major home renovation going on and they have been caring for my father in law's father who was very ill and passed away just before Thanksgiving. We have been challenged to turn to the Lord more and more and trusting in his sovereignty makes things easier for sure.  We are praying 2014 brings some calmness to their lives


And I'm so grateful for the friends I have met from blogging. This year several of you have supported me through some 'stuff' (health issues, food allergies, faith motivation).  I thank you for being in my life.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Great post! Thankful to have you in my life as well. xo

Paige said...

...and you go girl! Working it out at the gym!

Jodi said...

That picture of you and your hubby doing the red carpet... you guys could be in a magazine! Gorgeous!!

Denise said...

hi. what a great post. look at how HOT you look!

i am thankful for you, kathleen. you have been a cheerleader for me as i pursued Peace. what a gift!

Happy 2014!