Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday 8/7/13

Hello blog friends! 

It's Wednesday and it has been a little while since I shared summer outfits.
This post is all dresses. Loving that!

#1
This dress was something I selected from July's clothing swap. We had a crazy heat wave that lasted for a week in July, so this dress came in handy as it is super lightweight.
Dress: Eddie Bauer
Belt: Steve Madden
Shoes: Aerosoles, Marshall's
Necklace: Jcrew


#2
I don't usually wear maxi dresses because I'm short and they usually are too long. This one is a beach coverup (or at least that's where it was in TJ Maxx) and we headed out again during the heat wave. 
It was so light and comfy.
Dress: TJ Maxx layered with a  Target tee
Shoes: Clarks

 #3
And another maxi?? I know, shocking indeed.
Another Target find. I love green and aqua so this one was a no-brainer.
Do you get the Target coupons? Either mobile or via their Cartwheel app? Because I'm pretty sure I saved 25% on it, so it was probably only 20 bucks. I was so happy with this purchase.
Dress and tank: Target
Belt: Steve Madden
Shoes: Born
Necklace: TJ Maxx

#4
I haven't shopped in Banana Republic in a loooong time, but the next two outfits feature items from the outlet. I love the prints and color combos.
Top: Banana Republic Factory
Skirt: Gift from Lauren
Shoes: Cole Haan (from TJ Maxx for 29 bucks)
Necklace: Stella and Dot

#5
Dress: Banana Republic
Belt: Steve Madden
Necklace: Stella and Dot
Shoes: Aerosoles

Observations:
-I'm wearing lots of the same accessories, which is a break from tradition for me. Usually the accessories are what I build an outfit around, but lately I haven't had the time when I get ready. A simple outfit with go-to accessories have made life a little easier (for now anyway).
-I like neutral shoes. Even though I have a shoe collection with pairs in many colors, I have stopped wearing the bright greens and yellows. Why? I think the outfits are pretty bold alone and the shoes made it over the top.
-Dresses and skirts have made getting dressed in the heat lovely.
-I like a scoop neckline for easy-to-wear necklaces.

Linking up:
pleated poppy


6 comments:

Denise said...

the first dress is my fav!

i have been on the hunt for some neutral flats to wear with my outfits (which are lifeless compared to yours).

i am contemplating wearing a maxi dress to a dinner we're attending tonight. it's even long on me (5.5 1/2)!

Paige said...

I love maxi dresses, but they just don't work since I'm barely 5'2". My sis can pull them off really well! Love the green and white Target maxi — you look great in it!

Lauren said...

you look very long and lean in that green target maxi! love it!

Michele said...

I'm a week late in checking out your cute looks. I really love #4. The colors look so good on you. I know exactly what you mean about maxi dresses. I bought my first one a few weeks ago. I love it, but I'm only 5'5" and they are usually way too long. I found it at Nordstrom Rack for a great deal. I bought a maxi skirt yesterday, and I'm returning it because it just doesn't look right on me. I thought the ones you had on were very flattering.
Ok, I'm going to sign-off now. Longest blog comment ever!

Jodi said...

So of course my fave is #3 because stripes will always be my first love ;) But I love #4 as well - such a good look on you! I downloaded the Target coupon app on my phone and have yet to actually purchase something that there was a coupon on it for but gosh darn it I have them swipe it every time just in case!!

Mandy Ford said...

OK - I'm SUPER late to the party on this but I love your dresses! Hope you're having a great week!