Monday, August 26, 2013

Right Now: August

August was a fun month. Good stuff going on for sure.
watching Call the Midwife. Season 1 is on Netflix streaming and Season 2 is on PBS online. Love all the quirky characters and the brutality and beauty that is life.
drinking green tea. This is a big change for me. I'm really enjoying Gunpowder from Adagio. Drinking it with just a touch of Trader Joe's raw organic honey.
receiving happy mail from Lauren and Fritz. 
finally completing the tour of the gym at work - EIGHT years in the making! Today's my first official day at the gym and I hope this is the start of something good. It will be healthy at least and I've blogged about this for months, so it's about time!
wearing dresses all the time. Even on lazy days off. I adore fall (and anxiuosly await its arrival), but I know the days of summery prints and fabrics are on their way out.
eating cold cereal again. I hate it, but it's quick. Kashi brand cereals are my go-to. Lots of protein.
attending leadership training and ministry presentations at church. We are seeking ways to be more involved (small groups, high school ministry) and we really aren't sure yet what that should be.
laughing at super old home videos with my family. We watched videos from vacations 10 and 20 years ago. Now we are all craving a getaway together!
celebrating 50 years of marriage for a couple we adore. My aunt and uncle threw a great party with a crowd of people to honor the love they share. 

September brings busy times at work as we enroll the class of 2017 and recruiting season begins. We don't have many plans, though, so it's time to fill up the calendar with some fall outings and hopefully a mini trip to see dear friends. 

Hope your August was filled with only good things!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I've been trying to avoid cold cereal because I don't love it (or like to start my day with mostly empty sugary carbs!) but it's so hard to NOT eat it because it's so easy! maybe if I buy one with more protein I'll feel less guilty when I eat it. Also…good for you for getting in the gym! I haven't been working out much but need some motivation to start again. Miss you!!

Lauren said...

forgot to say that i love those sandals!

Denise said...

Kashi's cinnamon harvest is my favorite cereal... but it's been a while since i've indulged in cold cereal.

come minister to my high schoolers! they would be blessed to have someone like you in their lives.

Chris said...

Hi Kathleen, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/