Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday 7/3/13

Three years ago I started taking outfit shots for the What I Wore Wednesday link up.
I don't take shots every single day anymore. I wish I did, but I really don't have the time. Mornings were getting a little hectic. I was also taking far too long creating outfits and putting more thought into what I was wearing each day and not into what should matter more like family time, cleaning our bedroom, etc.

I think my style has become more refined, especially in the past year. Limiting the patterns and colors in my wardrobe and using bold accessories to enhance simple pieces has made getting dressed easier, as I like having less items in my closet and more in my jewelry box.

I do love still putting together some fun looks and Pinterest has made it a lot easier to do that. I browse my fave looks and try to be creative when getting ready for the day.  So every now and then I get the chance to take some photos and share them with you.

On to the outfits:

#1
This was a lazy getting ready outfit. Black with a pop of color.
Chaps top (last year)
Banana Republic cardigan (thrifted)
Ann Taylor pants (thrifted
Michael Kors belt
Calvin Klein shoes via Marshalls
Necklace and earrings are from Banana Republic

#2
I've been loving stripes this year and found this dress in Marshalls. It's verrrry comfy and has cute sleeves, too.
Talbots jacket (thrifted)
Clarks shoes
Pin is vintage Sarah Coventry

After loving the pink slim pants I got a few weeks ago, I've been replacing my casual flared capris and trouser khakis with skinnier options. These are from Marshalls (Dahlia brand) and fit the bill at 20 bucks.
Top is Loft (thrifted)
Pretty old Old Navy cardigan
Loft belt
Calvin Klein Shoes
Also sporting Lisa Leonard's Family Crest necklace

For my 30th birthday I kept going on and on about wanting a scarf from Hermes. I knew it wasn't happening, but friends must have overheard my wants, as they gave me this super extravagant gift with a Hermes twilly scarf! It gets worn on special, dressy occasions. 
I wore this outfit to a meeting with important people - it called for a put together look.
Top: Brooks Brothers (this is a fitted non-iron shirt with elongated collar)
Same Talbots jacket from earlier in the post
Talbots pants
Hermes scarf
Jcrew belt
Easy Spirit shoes

Thanks for being on this fashion journey with me!

Linking up with

pleated poppy


3 comments:

Denise said...

i think you are cute.

don't you get warm wearing pants and cardi's during the summer?!

happy 4th!

Jodi said...

I love that I've been doing WIWW with you for 3 years and have seen the change in your style that you're talking about! I love all your outfits and the slim pants definitely do look great on you!! Happy Fourth!

sandrajune said...

Love your outfit "meeting with important people" and especially love the camera angle! Your legs looks so LONG!