Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday 7/10/11

Two weeks of WIWW posts?! Wow - I'm on a roll.

There was a lot of red, white and blue this week for the 4th and I tried to not look like a dork while sporting it all. Some holidays I get a little too over the top.

Here are this week's outfits.

#1
It's been hot and humid lately. Maybe I haven't mentioned it yet this year, but I don't shine in that kind of weather (in fact I am probably what one would call a delicate flower) and keeping cool has been a necessity. This outfit is to me, so summer. I am love love loving the new accessories I have been finding in TJ Maxx and this necklace has gotten lots of wear this summer because it seems to go with everything. I think it made this outfit a tiny bit dressier for the office.
Top: Express, thrifted
Skirt: Ann Taylor, thrifted
Shoes: Calvin Klein
Necklace: TJ Maxx

#2
This was a church outfit and church gets mega cold, so a cardi is a must.
My new favorite cardigan is from the juniors section of Nordstrom Rack. For only $12 you get a sweater that is pretty darn close to the Jcrew Jackie cardigan for a fraction of the price. Plus they have tons of color options. I did size up, as it is juniors and I will be back for more fall colors.
Tee: Target
Cardigan: Nordstrom Rack
Pants: Marshalls
Shoes: Born
Necklace and earrings: TJ Maxx

#3
I have no recollection were I was headed when I wore this. Maybe grocery shopping? The sweater is very very thin, so just enough if it's chilly in stores.
Tee: Jcrew, thrifted
Pants: Old Navy
Cardigan: Jcrew Outlet old
Shoes: Toms
Necklace: Anthropologie

#4
This was July 3rd, so the last work day before the holiday.
I spent quite some time hunting for nude heels - finally found Bandolino sling backs at Marshalls. I like em, don't love em, but the price was right. Of course, now that I've found these, a perfect pair will present itself.
Dress: Eddie Bauer (one of the lightest dresses I own and a few years old)
Cardigan: Jcrew, thrifted
Shoes: Bandolino
Necklace: Stella and Dot

#5
I wore a linen 3/4 sleeve shirt to a bbq for the 4th - although it was warm, the critters have been biting us outside like crazy. And I don't like getting a sunburn. The top was airy and I really was comfortable all day and into the evening. 
This was also my first attempt at the button down, jcrewish look. I think with big accessories, it works on me, but I do need to practice a tad.
Top and pants: Gap outlet
Shoes: Ivanka Trump, Marshalls
Belt: Jcrew
Cami: Gap outlet
Necklace: Kate Spade, TJ Maxx

 #6
Yes, I do own shorts!
This was another steamy day and for some bizarre reason I decided I needed to wash my car. Next time I'm wearing a bathing suit and hosing off as I go along!
Tank: Old Gap outlet
Shorts: Old Navy
Belt: Jcrew
Sweater: Jcrew outlet
Sandals: Clarks
Necklace: TJ Maxx

Have a great week!

Linking up
pleated poppy

5 comments:

Paige said...

Light blue sweater from Nordstroms is fabulous on you! Nice color. Molly recommends a bathing suit and a hose in this kind of weather! LOL! xo

Mandy Ford said...

So glad to see you back posting your outfits! Love the mint cardigan and khakis...that color is so flattering on you!

Amanda Cobb said...

I *love* that floral skirt in the first outfit! And the black dress farther down. Apparently B&W floral embellished pieces are fitting my mood right now. :)

Marci McNair said...

Love the mint green outfit and especially love that jewelry! What a terrific find at TJ Maxx.

Lauren said...

just caught up on all your blog posts and I MISS YOU!! and you have had so many fantastic outfits this year…since it has been so hot lately and we don't have any friends yet (wahwahwah), I haven't had any opportunity to use my actual closet and all my clothes feel neglected. but you have inspired me to try again! and those nude heels are amazing and i love them with all your skinnier pants. also i like your hair both long and short--the short frames your face perfectly and the longer is so pretty and feminine…I don't know how you choose between them. MISS YOU!